Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I can still learn new things

I can now add mowing the lawn to my list of skills. Justin taught me how to mow the lawn last weekend. Since we no longer live on post and have a lawn service mowing our lawn we now have to do it ourselves. Naturally, that's Justin's job. However, he is leaving for Afghanistan in the future and so that changes his household job requirements to....well, not much at all. I was left with the dilema of who to mow the lawn. Of course I can hire a neighbor kid to do it, but since the oldest is 6 years old I don't see that happening. So it boiled down to me. Justin taught me how to check the oil, clean the bottom out, put in gas, and then of course...mow the lawn. It really was a lot easier than I thought. Here's proof that I did it:


1 comment:

j... said...

haha. when i was younger, i'd get $5 each week to mow the lawn @ my dad's--it was like an entire acre with a walking lawn mower. and i LOVED it--most of the time, at least. but when he'd make me go out in the middle of the day in the heat of the summer, it was no fun at all...which is when i figured out that i could temporarily "stall" the lawnmower by mowing damp grass--which goes to show you my success in avoiding law mowing from then-on :)